Saturday, September 29, 2007

Trip to Kerrytown



This morning I woke up and realized that eating so much fast food was not good for me. Therefore I decided to go and make something healthier. I got up, stared at this lovely poster above my bed that PJ and Yann gave me as a present...


When I opened the door of the fridge, I saw I had nothing except the option to go back to the fast food restaurant...


So I decided to go shopping at Kerrytown, which is just 2 blocks away from my house :)

Oh yeah, I forgot, I pick up the wall street journal every morning in the grass

A glimpse of my neighborhood on my way to Kerrytown

I love this frontyard

Kerrytown here we come


That Zingerman store is very popular in AA since it has a blend of "exotic" products hard to find in the US


This is the terrace of Zingerman's café. The style is very European as you can see



Inside Zingerman's


The employees were very friendly =)


Their cheese

American people love cheese and are ready to pay a high price for it...
(the price is per item)


Some more cheese


Some more bread

The pavement gives a particular flavor to Kerrytown compared to any other district in AA

Kerrytown (ctd)

This is were the market takes place, like in Europe !


What happens when

On that square where there is the store where I went to buy some food there was something going on...


Belly dance!!!! yeehaa!!!

And a really good singer later on.

This is the store where I bought everything I needed: you may be thinking about cheese and French bread...

... Nope, organic hamburgers !! (I desperately love American food haha)


They turned to be very tasty :)

4 comments:

Alco said...

Yummy !

juste a quick message to tell you I did not forget you ! It's still a real pleasure to read your blog and you just made me hungry...
Anyway, I'm setting up at the moment and I just discovered that I don't have any plug adaptor and so my computer-time is limited. I really have to go to the store !

take care Siamac

Anonymous said...

Siamac you are such an American cliché lol ... Of course I'm exagerating, but I cannot believe you can eat all these burgers and not get sick, not even once !!

I have a hard time myself with so called "english" food :P

By he way, the pictures of your neighbourhood remind me exactly of Wisteria Lane, the imaginary suburbs where Desperate Housewives is supposed to take place !

Unknown said...

Ahah, I cook the same thing!

I hope I am going to find a similar place in Atlanta (bread, cheese, market...). I heard it exists!

Julien said...

Hey Siamac!

Keep an eye on your weight... I don't want you to become like most of the American guys...FAT!!! You'd better eat more healthy food !!! Actually in Finland i'm eating pastas everyday, I'm not sure it is healthier than your American burgers ;) !!!